Gout is more prone to men (above 40 years) than women and most commonly gout affected area is the big toe of the feet. The other body parts are ankles or knee, ears, wrists, elbows and fingers. Acute pain, inflammation in joints, intense tenderness, swelling, etc. are some of the symptoms experienced by gout suffer.
Acute pain, inflammation in joints, intense tenderness, swelling, etc. are some of the symptoms experienced by gout suffer.
It is also caused due to genetics, lack of exercise, more of alcohol intake, stress, certain medications, health problems like hypertension, diabetes and uric acid kidney stones, excessive intake of protein, hormonal imbalance, etc.
Ignoring the gout symptoms can result in arthritis, joint damage and other health problems. Always remember that gout cannot be cured completely but you can reduce its flare-ups and live a happy life without gout pain.
Rather than using non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for pain relief or medications used to reduce uric acid buildup in your blood steam for treating your gout, just try some natural home remedies which are safe, cost effective and gives long lasting results for gout.
Home Remedies for Gout Pain:
These are the best and easy home remedies that widely used to reduce gout flare – ups and gives relief from the pain and swelling.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV):
Apple cider vinegar helps to treat gout and arthritis with its acidic nature. It balances the pH levels of the body to reduce the uric acid in the blood. Always use raw, organic and unfiltered ACV with the mother for getting quick relief from gout pain.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix 1 teaspoon of raw and unfiltered ACV in 1 glass of water.
- Stir well and drink it to get relief from gout pain. Or add a little of honey to enhance your taste.
- Regular intake of this drink for 2 – 3 times daily will definitely help you to get rid of gout pain.
- Or soak a clean cloth in a solution of apple cider vinegar mixed with a little of water. Wrap it around the affected area for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Soak your affected foot in a large bowl filled with 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and 4 cups of water. Leave it for about 30 minutes to get rid of gout flare-ups.
- If you find this remedy works for you, then increase the dose of ACV for up to 2 tablespoons.