However, this healthy dish can be also prepared by your own. So, today we will present you how to prepare it at home and its incredible benefits.
- The process of fermentation produces probiotics and that is how healthy bacteria is born. Our intestines and digestive system are really positively affected by healthy bacteria such as Lactobacillus.
- This rich source of fiber is ideal in the fight against excess pounds in your body.
- Cabbage possesses powerful detoxifier properties and soothes inflammation.
- In fact, we can make it even healthier by fermenting it and making it bioavailable.
- This fermented food takes very important part of the Korean cuisine.
- The growth of healthy bacteria in the stomach is due to consumption of probiotics. These foods also boost your immunity.
- It stops the development of some types of cancer
- It keeps you look younger
- It lowers blood sugar
- Helps with gastric ulcers
Kimichi Homemade Recipe
- Half an onion
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 2 tbsp of raw honey
- 2 tbsp of crushed chili peppers
- A tsp of fresh ginger
- 2 minced jalapenos
- 5 scallions of chopped spring onions
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 heads of shredded Napa cabbage
- The Kimichi should be stored in impermeable container such as mason jar or glass.
- Mix all the ingredients together except the sea salt and honey because they are fermentation starters
- Take 2 cups of the resulting mixture and place them in blender along with the sea salt and honey and mix well.
- Transfer it in the container and then add the rest of the previous mixture. Do not forget that 2 inches at the top of the container should remained not filled.
- These two inches should be filled with a few rolled up cabbage leaves. Close it tightly
Place the container on a room temperature for a period of 3-7 days.
Do not forget that you should leave it in the fridge once you have opened the lid.
As we already mentioned above, this magnificent food will do wonders to your health